When you have been granted a residence permit
If you have recently been granted a residence permit as a refugee, person with subsidiary protection status or family member, you can participate in our introduction programme.
What you need to do first
It is important that you come to see us as soon as possible after receiving your residence permit decision. Then we decide if you can take part in the introduction programme. Remember to bring the decision you received from Migrationsverket with you to the meeting. It is not until then that you can receive introduction benefit.
Get a personal identity number
Contact Skatteverket to get a personal identity number. You need a personal identity number:
- for Försäkringskassan to be able to pay you your introduction benefit
- to open a bank account
- to apply for an ID document
- to apply for electronic identification
- to take part in the introduction programme activities.
Get ready for your meeting
Bring the decision you received from Migrationsverket with you to the meeting. If you have been given a personal identity number, bring your ID or some other document as proof your identity. Also bring along certificates and grades that show what jobs you have had and what you have studied. If you have any questions, write them down beforehand.
What happens at the meeting?
When we meet we ask you to tell us what jobs you have had, what education you have, your interests and what you would like to do in the future. We also go through your possibilities to take part in different activities on the basis of your family situation and health status. Based on this, we then draw up a plan containing various activities.
If you are not a refugee, person with subsidiary protection status or family member of such a person, you are welcome to contact us. Our services are available to anyone who has the right to work in Sweden. You can for example get help to:
- find vacant jobs
- get Swedish language lessons
- find suitable training or education
- arrange job “tryouts” to demonstrate your abilities
- learn about what it’s like to work and live in Sweden
- get advice about where in Sweden you will have the best chances of finding a job.